This online Privacy and Legal Notice applies to this site, which is operated by MEREAG (ABN 59 562 030 481) under the domain name “https://mereag.com” access to and use of the information and materials provided on this website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers contained on this website (‘Terms’). Your use of this website will mean that you accept these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use this website.
We respect the privacy of each client. Therefore, we do our best to protect personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) with reference to the GDPR ( The European Union Data Protection Regulation from 25 May 2018) in terms of working with residents of European countries. We comply with all of the Act’s requirements in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Personal information includes any information that can be used to personally identify you:
- Personal data is collected on a voluntary basis. However, you should understand that we will not be able to provide the services presented on the website without your consent. There may also be additional privacy notices and terms that are relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us.
- If some relationships are not regulated by this Policy they are regulated by the legislation.
- By providing us with your personal information, you agree to the collection and use or otherwise processing (including disclosure) of your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Changes to this statement
What information is collected?
1.We collect information only to the extent necessary for the operation of the Site.
- We collect personal information about you by fair and lawful means. We will not do so in an unreasonable manner.
- Depending on the nature of our relationship with you, we may collect the following types of Personal Information:
3.1. Automatically gathered information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Device (iPad, laptop, mobile etc);
- Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Browser type (Safari, Firefox etc);
- Date and time stamp of access/donation;
- Information that tells us how you experience the site – for example how much time you spend on which pages, which links you choose to click
- Referral/exiting information – for example the website you came from prior to our website, or after leaving our website
3.2. Information provided by the site visitors:
- Account information:
Initial identification details: name, date of birth, address;
Contact details: telephone, mailing and email addresses, residential;
Demographics: date of birth, age, gender, occupation;
Identification details: driver’s license or passport;
- Information you provide to us in enquiries or through correspondence.
How do we collect Personal Information?
- Our collection of Personal Information is performed in an open manner and where consent is obtained.
- We collect your Personal Information directly from you. Some information is collected automatically without your direct provision
- We can collect information in such ways:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during communications between you and our managers;
- when you participate in surveys and other types of research;
- when you submit a job application or résumé, including from your referees, and publicly available information about you;
- when you register an account on our website
- when you subscribe to our mailing list;
- when you participate in member program;
- when you supply services or goods to us\ from us;
- when you are interested in our service;
- when you give information via social media pages ( for example our Facebook page, Instagram or our Twitter account).
How do we gather information?
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system and date/time stamp and so on. We gather this information automatically. The storage is carried out in temporary log files.
- Cookies. These files are gathered by third-party tracking file Google Analytics. Cookies are non-personally identifiable information about visitors in aggregate form. Cookies are gathered automatically.
- Some personal information we collected from you, for example by application forms, conversations, different correspondence etc.
- We use Google Analytics. It gathers cookies to track personal information about visitors in aggregate form. This information can’t be personally identified.
- We use a third-party service Hotjar. Its purpose is to accumulate anonymized information from cookies and other technologies to improve understanding of user behavior.
6 We will never use these services and Its information to identify user personality or to compare it with other available information for identification of user.
- This information is used solely to better understand user behavior (analyzing trends, administrating the website, understanding user traffic to the site, gathering our users’ demographic information). It allows us to create and maintain our service of user feedback, which helps us to constantly improve the quality of the services we provide.
How to stop automatically gathering information?
- You can opt out of these services by installing ad blockers or privacy browser extensions.
- Google Analytic and Hotjar are services for remarketing – a tool that Google and other digital providers offer to businesses. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You may disable or delete cookies by tools available as part of most browsers. Keep in mind that cookies have a number of benefits.
How do we use your Personal Information?
- We collect personal data only of the type and to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we collect it.
- We will use your personal information for corresponding purposes (when it is necessary for the performance of a contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, or where the processing is necessary for other legal purposes).
- We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, (including but not limited to):
- to identify you and any records relating to you;
- to improve our operational processes;
- to ease your interactions with us on our website;
- to comply with any legal obligations or governance requirements;
- to manage your requests for products and services including delivery, processing payments, providing refunds, discounts and incentives;
- to provide you with the products and services you have requested;
- to send you reminders;
- to market the products and services;
- for marketing purposes;
- to interconnect with Regulators or other Government agencies and so on.
De-identified personal data may be used to allow reporting within our business and with our affiliates
How will your Personal Information be stored?
- We take all reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of any personal information held. Information is stored using Microsoft Systems and software.
- There are always risks associated with the transmission of information over the Internet. We recommend you make your own assessment of the risks in the provision of your information to the website.
- Our website contains links to other websites. When you use these links, you leave our website. We haven’t controlled over these websites therefore, we cannot secure your personal data. You should be careful and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long will your Personal Information be stored?
- We may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We will store your information as per the data retention laws in Australia, or as applicable.
- The retention time of Sensitive personal data will be appropriate. You may provide consent for a longer storage.
- If the information is no longer necessary, we will dispose of it in a safe and secure manner.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
- We protect personal data against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We use various technical, administrative and physical methods to safeguard your personal data.
How do we share your Personal Information?
We don’t give personal data to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have allowed this;
- this is required or authorized by law;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities;
- this is needed for the purposes of our website.
By requiring us with your personal information, you are agreeing to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties
We may reveal your personal data to:
- our employees;
- agents or contractors as required;
- advertising, marketing and promotional agencies that we contract with;
- our business affiliates and contractors for ordinary business purposes;
- professional advisers concerning that is reasonably required;
- third party providers that provide us with communication;
- data storage services;
- technology services including application, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting and data analysis;
- persons who are nominated by you and acting on your behalf and in your interests.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that third parties who received personal data undertake to protect your privacy. If we throw third party agents or contractors into, we will take all adequate measures to make sure that they do not neglect privacy requirements with reference to the information we share with them, before we share your personal data with them.
In the probability that this should happen, you should be well-informed, that when you provide your personal data (verbal, written or electronic) or through your use website, you are accepting to the future transfer of your personal information to a potential or actual new owner so that services can pursue to be provided to you.
How to withdraw your consent?
- You can withdraw your permission to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by
- contacting us using the information at the end of this policy;
- writing to us via email.
If you have any concerns commensurate to the unsubscribe functionality, please contact us.
- When you withdraw your consent, we may collect, use or disclose your personal data as required or authorized by law.
How to access and correct information?
- You have the right to request:
- the access your personal information we hold;
- correction of your personal information.
- We will attempt to respond to an access or correction request on the dot and at any rate within any timeframe prescribed by law. We may refuse your request according the cases that law allows us to do so. We refuse a request only with any legal requirements relating to that refusal. For safety, we hold the right to take measures to authenticate the identity of the requesting party before answering a request.
- If you think that your rights or a legal requirement applying to our operation of your personal data have been breached or that your personal data has been compromised, you may contact us using the contact information at the end of the policy.
- We carry out all complaints and will take relevant necessary measures to solve matters of concern.
- If you do not receive an acceptable answer from us, you may make a complaint to the competent authority.
Complaints or questions
If you have any questions about this Policy, any disturbance or a complaint with regard to the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please use the contact link on our website or contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below.